3 Day Long Weekend Trip to Penang
Nadia and I brought a handful of friends who have never been to Penang for a weekend of eating, eating, and more eating.
Bring cash to exchange, Penang is a cash heavy society especially for street food so I’d bring some to exchange
- (exchange places can be found all over George Town)
Suggested Things to Pack
- Hat: It can get quite hot, you may want a hat just in case
- Sunscreen and/or bug repellent
- Gym Clothes
- 6:55 pm: Leave Singapore on Scoot
- 8:15 pm: Arrive at Penang International Airport
- 8:20 pm: take Uber to hotel
- 8:30 pm: Check into Le Dream Boutique Hotel
- 9:00 pm: Head to the Kimberly St. Night Market for food
- Another option: Duck Egg Char Kway Teow
- Walk over to New Lane Street Food Stalls for additional food options
- 11:00pm: Drinks at Mish Mash
- 8:30 am: Breakfast at hotel
- 10:00 am: Ocean Jupiter to take us around (driver booked for 7 hours)
- 5:00 pm: Get dropped off / have happy hour back at the hotel… they got wine n beer I think n ice cream.
- 7:30 pm: Dinner at Starview
- 9:00 pm: Drinks at China House
F8T Tip | Most pharmacies are closed on Sunday.
- 9:00 am-12:00 pm: Free time for all.
- Penang Street Art (walkable from the hotel)
- 10 Best Cafes in Penang Worth Traveling For (LadyIronChef)
- 23 Best Cafes in Penang to Visit at Least Once In Your Lifetime (penangfoodie)
- Massage: If you want to do this, I’d suggest you message their FB Page for a reservation
- 12:00 pm: Check out of hotel
- 2:00 pm: Eat dessert at the famous Penang Road Cendol / Ice Kachang stall
- 3:00 pm: Head to the airport
- 5:00 pm: Leave Penang International Airport on Scoot
- 6:30 pm: Arrive in Singapore
Price Breakdown | $260 Per Person
Scoot Round Trip Flight to Penang from Singapore for both of us came to about $85 USD.
The entire stay in Penang came down to about $284 USD for the 2 of us minus airfare.
You and another could do our entire trip for less than $520 USD.
What do you love to eat on the island?