4 Day Long Weekend Trip to Puerto Rico
- 10:30 pm: Land in Puerto Rico at Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport
- 11:00 pm: Take taxi (around $20) from airport to hotel
- 10 minute cab ride
- 11:15 pm: Check into Tres Palmas Inn
- 9:00 am: Enjoy complimentary breakfast at Tres Palmas
- 10:00 am: Go to Kasalta
- A bakery, and pick up snacks
- Known for cafe con leche, media noche and pastries
- President Obama ate there
- We randomly sat at President Obama’s table
- 1:00 pm: Lunch at La Casita Blanca
- Perhaps: Paddleboard or windsurf
- (equipment provided by hotel on a rental basis/lessons)
- amenities like beach chairs, bodyboards offered for free
- 7:30 pm: Dinner at Restaurante El Estribo or Ceviche House
- 8:00 am: Enjoy complimentary breakfast at Tres Palmas
- 9:30 am: Check out of Tres Palmas
- 10:00 am: Pick up rental car from Hertz at Marriott Hotel and Casino Condado
- 10:30 am: Head to Radisson Ambassador Hotel (closed now)
- 11:00 am: Leave hotel for Fajardo
- Be sure to bring:
- A Swimsuit
- Water shoes or Sandals (flip-flops are fine)
- A Towel
- Waterproof Sunscreen
- Along sleeve t-shirt
- Bug spray
- AND BEER!
- Be sure to bring:
- 1:00 pm – 4:30pm: Mini boat Adventure Island Hop and Snorkel with Kayaking Puerto Rico.
- Meet at (Marina Puerto Chico, Fajardo, PR)
- $85 USD
- 5:00 pm: Have dinner at La Estacion
- 7:45 pm-9:45 pm: Bio Bay Kayak Tour ($48 per person)
- Check in at Las Croabas Park, Fajardo, PR
- For both is $263.22 with 7% sales tax.
- 11:00 pm: Arrive back at Radisson Ambassador ($12 for parking on site)
- 4:00am: Wake up and get ready
- 4:30am: Leave hotel for airport- 15 minutes from Radisson to Airport
- 4:45am: Get gas and return car
- 5:30am: Check in at Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport
- 7:05am: Flight from San Juan → SFO
- 3:55pm: Arrive in San Jose
Price Breakdown | $350 Per Person
United Round Trip Flight to Chicago from San Jose for both of us came to about $440 USD.
The entire stay, after points, in Chicago came down to about $350 USD for the 2 of us minus airfare.
You and another could do our entire trip for less than $780 USD plus food and drink.
What do you like to do on the island?