Clay Pot Eggplant and Minced Pork Recipe
When eating at a Chinese restaurant, one of the default dishes for my bff and I especially when we can’t decide what to eat is claypot eggplant and minced pork. After ordering it for some umpteenth time, we decided we have a claypot at home so why not try to make it ourselves.
- One large eggplant
- 1 chili (what can I say, I like it spicy)
- 1 pound of minced pork
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy
- 1 tablespoon of regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of chili sauce
- ginger (½ nub)
- 1 green onion stalk
- ½ cup of water
- Cut eggplant into thin stalk like pieces
- Slice ginger, shallots, chili and garlic
- Heat oil in claypot, add ginger, shallots and garlic and cook through
- Add ground pork and brown until cooked
- Add soy sauce, dark soy, oyster and chili sauce
- Add eggplant and ½ cup of water
- Cover with lid until all is cooked (approximately 20 minutes)
Serve in claypot with rice.
F8T Tip I love to put a fried egg on top of this…. I love to put an egg on top of everything. What dish would you love to learn to cook at home?