My First And Certainly Not the Last Time to Boracay
Have you ever been to Boracay?
I’ve never been to the Philippines.
Simply Overwhelmed With All Boracay Has to Offer
Boracay, I’ve heard so much about this place…white sand beaches, delicious seafood, gorgeous island… After many years of simply hearing about Boracay, we finally had a chance to visit the beautiful island during a recent trip to the Philippines.
While our trip was not nearly as long as I hoped, it definitely gave me a great taste of the island and I can’t wait to go back.
First Look at Friday’s Hotel
We stayed at Friday’s, a gorgeous resort in Station 1 on the side of the island where the sand is white and pristine. It is a longtime favorite of my BFF’s family so it was undoubtedly a great choice.
Upon arrival to the Boracay airport which is extremely small (we flew Cebu Pacific), we were picked up by a member of our hotel’s staff and driven to the port near the airport. From there we boarded the hotel’s boat and cross the water to the island itself.
Getting Acquainted With the White Sandy Beaches
Boracay is made up of many stations, essentially the closer you are to Station 1, the prettier the sand is. It’s completely up to you where you stay but of course the closer you are to station 1, the more expensive the hotel options are. Some of our favorite things included just lounging by the beach.
I’d recommend bringing LOTS of sunblock for the sun is very strong and just relaxing. You can also walk along the beach to check out other hotels and vendors.
Losing Myself at Mandala Spa
We also went to a beautiful spa, Mandala Spa, and got a great couples treatments including a foot wash/rub, massage and coconut bath, I’d highly recommend it. They also give you a beautiful wrap to take home, an awesome souvenir.
Along the way, I’d highly recommend stopping at Jonah’s to get a fresh fruit shake. The mango here is unbelievably sweet and delicious. Essentially anything you get there will be good. In fact during our short stay we went 3 or 4 times.
Check out a sample of the itinerary we used for our trip to Boracay and feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
- 9:00 am: Morning flight to Boracay from Manila
- 10:30 am: Land in Boracay. Take boat to island where hotel is. At the port, hotel staff will pick us up.
- 11:00 am: Check in to Friday’s Hotel, change and head to beach
- 2:00 pm: Spa in Boracay- Mandala Spa and Villas
- 4:30 pm: Head back to hotel, shower, nap
- 6:30 pm: Head to station 2 for dinner (Bugs Grill-AYCE) and walk around
- 10:00 pm: Eat and get fruit shake at Jonah’s
- 9:30 am: Breakfast at the hotel
- 10:30 am: Beach swim time
- 2:00 pm: Lunch at hotel restaurant
- 4:00 pm: Go to damp a (seafood market) to purchase fresh seafood for hotel to cook
- 9:00 pm: Special final dinner
- 8:00 am: Breakfast at hotel restaurant
- 9:30 am: Beach time
- 12:30 pm: Take shower and pack
- 1:30 pm: Lunch at hotel restaurant
- 3:00 pm: Take boat to airport
- 5:20 pm: Flight from Borocay to Manila
Is there anywhere in the world that you are dying to go back to?