Vietnamese Dipping Sauce Nuoc Mam Recipe
What’s that smell?
It’s fish sauce… And you’re going to like it!
So in San Jose it has been about 80 to 90 degrees, with that in mind and a special guest in town we decided to grill on our patio. One of the things I absolutely love about summer weather is hanging out with good friends enjoying great food and great drinks!
This particular dinner featured:
- Grilled spicy pork
- Grilled ribeye
- Jumbo Shrimp
To grill, use butter to get the grill nice and ready. It will also add a nice flavor to everything you’re cooking. All were served with a Vietnamese dipping sauce called “nuoc mum” (recipe below), kimchee, fresh green lettuce and mint along with brown rice (for those that wanted it).
It’s soooo good!
- White Sugar (Equal parts of white sugar and fish sauce)
- Fish Sauce (Equal parts of white sugar and fish sauce)
- Chili – One chili diced up (depending on how spicy the chili is and how spicy you want it)
- Fresh Limes
- Can of coco rico (approximately half a can)
- Mix sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, coco rico well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Let sit at room temperature until you’re ready to use.
- Letting it sit allows the chilli to really infuse into the sauce.
- Serve when ready!
What’s your sauce of choice when grilling?