Vietnamese Dipping Sauce Nuoc Mam Recipe
Beers and Grilling in the Summertime…
So in San Jose it has been about 80 to 90 degrees, with that in mind and a special guest in town we decided to grill on our patio. One of the things I absolutely love about summer weather is hanging out with good friends enjoying great food and great drinks!
This particular dinner featured:
- Grilled spicy pork
- Grilled ribeye
- Jumbo Shrimp
To grill, use butter to get the grill nice and ready. It will also add a nice flavor to everything you’re cooking. All were served with a Vietnamese dipping sauce called “nuoc mum” (recipe below), kimchee, fresh green lettuce and mint along with brown rice (for those that wanted it).
It’s soooo good!
- White Sugar (Equal parts of white sugar and fish sauce)
- Fish Sauce (Equal parts of white sugar and fish sauce)
- Chili – One chili diced up (depending on how spicy the chili is and how spicy you want it)
- Fresh Limes
- Can of coco rico (approximately half a can)
- Mix sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, coco rico well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Let sit at room temperature until you’re ready to use.
- Letting it sit allows the chilli to really infuse into the sauce.
- Serve when ready!
What’s your sauce of choice when grilling?