Bacon and Egg Sandwich Recipe
Lazy Morning Food
One of my favorite things to do every morning is eat breakfast! I’m of the mentality that breakfast is the most important meal of the day giving you the energy to do whatever you have planned with spunk and pizzazz. That being said, one of my favorite things to make is the breakfast sandwich. Here I was inspired by the Starbucks Turkey Bacon/Egg White Sandwich that you can only find in certain Starbucks these days. Regardless, I make my own version and it’s just as tasty, if not better!
- Bacon (either regular or turkey) depending on how healthy you are feeling
- English Muffin
- 1 Egg
- Slice of Cheddar
- Tomato or Avocado or both
- First, put the bacon in a pan (no oil is necessary especially if you are using real bacon).
- Cook until desired crispiness level.
- Once done, put on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- In pan which should have some good bacon grease, cooked the egg. When I’m making the sandwich for others who eat and enjoy the yolk, I will fry it but leave the yolk slightly runny. For myself and a healthier version, I’ll just do the egg whites.
- Toast the English muffin in a toaster while cooking the bacon/egg.
- Once the English Muffin is done toasting, it’ll still be hot, put the cheese slice on there to allow it to soften. If you would like it more soft, after all the cooking I’d put it in the pan just for 30 seconds or so.
- Once the egg is done, assemble your sandwich.
- Avocado/tomato on the bottom, slightly melted cheese on top, bacon and then egg.
Voila, serve with coffee/tea and you have an amazing, quick and easy breakfast!
What do you like to eat for breakfast?