Staying at the 5 Star Rosewood Luang Prabang
Glad we didn’t get a hilltop suite…
Yeah, that’s a lot of steps to get up there!
Rosewood Luang Prabang tl;dr
- Not Too Far From Town But Far Enough to Feel Alone
- Posh Boutique Hotel Situated On a Small River
- Amazing Staff, Delicious Food, and Luxurious Amenities
- Free In Room Cans of Beer!
In the country of Laos (it’s pronounced like Cow but with a L) there is a small picturesque town of Luang Prabang filled with walkable streets, hospitable people, history, and culture. Situated along the Mekong River the city hosts some of the most picturesque sunsets in the area.
If you’ve heard of Rosewood Hotels then you’ll know to expect luxury unparalleled when visiting their branch in the Luang Prabang countryside.
Where is It
A short drive from the center of town there lies Rosewood, a riverside boutique hotel that is luxuriously appointed both in staff, decor, and amenities:
What is It
Rosewood Luang Prabang is essentially a boutique luxury hotel split into 3 major areas:
- Main lobby, pool, and dining area
- Primary river area
- Secondary river area
- Hilltop area (steps)
Otherwise here are other details about the jungle resort:
- Bill Bensley’s 23 swank yet eco friendly designed river rooms and hilltop villas
- Thoughtfully decorated interiors and complimenting landscape that transport you to another time and place
- In room WiFi, Nespresso machine, bottle water, tea, Bottega bath products
- And in mini fridge refreshments consisting of both soda, water AND beer!
What to Do There
What else would you do in the jungle? Get away from it all while sitting in the water watching the day pass you by. Grab food from Rosewood’s Great House Restaurant. Between meals, maybe indulge yourself with a spa service to work out all your muscle aches. Rosewood also offers complimentary round trip shuttle service, along with a phone to call when you’re ready to come back to the hotel.
- Amazing cook to order breakfasts
- Providing shuttle service to town
- A large cold pool next to the lobby